Sunday 29 April 2012

projects on the go: no 1

Everyone who knows me knows I always have a long list of projects on the go. They sit happily in the basket next to my comfy chair waiting to be picked up and another few rows knitted or crocheted. I probably should just focus on one and get it finished. The problem is i browse Ravelry, Pintrest, even blogs and almost always end up downloading another PDF, disappearing off to the shop and purchasing another few balls of  yarn. Its just too tempting in there!




This particular project has been picked up and put down for over a year. its a blanket I'm slowly knitting, not that I need another blanket,  I just loved the simple short row pattern and the variegated yarn used.

The pattern can be found here from an issue of knitty way back in 2006. Its one of my go-to sites for free knitting patterns.

Here's my version...
I'm twenty-one squares into this project and have around that to  complete it. Its knitted in king cole kwiknit, the colours are no longer available as i bought them over a year ago. shows just how long this project has been sat in my basket! the finishing/making up isn't perfect so i will go back and re-do that at a later date. For now i just want to finish it! I just hope I have enough yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment