Wednesday 12 September 2012

reflecting on the year

It has been a crazy, tumultuous year here at number 32. Illness, money worries amongst a whole host of other misfortunes and lost opportunities. It can be hard not to dwell on them, to find a positive spin on life when everything seems so miserable and depressing, especially when for a while things begin to look up and then crash back down around you.

Its finding those little sparks and flourishes, the smiles and quiet moments that make life a little bit more worthwhile. The things you've forgotten amongst the hardship that should be savoured.

This year there was so much I'd forgotten I had achieved and enjoyed.

I gained a qualification. Proof I'm good at what I do and honestly I need a massive kick up the backside when it comes to belief in myself.

There was the day spent roaming around an organic farm. Picking up hints and nifty tricks I've put in place here in my own makeshift organic garden. Theres still much work to be done but its in a far better state than this time last year! An achievement in itself.

The quiet days on the beach, the photography trips, foraging and jam making. They are all things that get drowned out in the haze at the back of your mind when you have so much else to think about.

I guess I need to slow down. take a few good days off and plan something just for me? forget about the projects building up or sons health and just.. be.

No comments:

Post a Comment